Friday, March 18, 2016

California by the numbers

After thinking about what I had shared, I realized it wasn't enough. Here are some numbers that got me through my first ever training camp.

Days spent riding = 16
Kilometres ridden= 1504 km
Time riding: 54hrs 30mins
Elevation gain = 20 933m
Number of flats = 4
Broken shifters = 1
Palomar ascents = 2
New max watts for 1hr = 358w
Best 9min effort = 412w (arbitrary length set by strava segment hunting)
Number of bananas consumed = 15
Bagels consumed = 17
Complete days off = 0

As far as food went, I had bagels with Reese spread for the first week. Then I ran out of reese spread :( So then peanut butter was substituted. I also ate lots of trail mix, mainly for the chocolate, but the fat in the nuts was probably a good source of energy. For dinner it was pretty much chicken most of the nights with pasta, rice or sweet potato fries. Lots of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce. I would love for them to sponsor me. And for days where I wanted to pat myself on the back for a good ride, I would indulge in a can of vanilla coke (my favourite!). I bought a 12 pack, and it turns out my first 12 rides I was feeling good about myself. Maybe I need to be harder on myself...

Overall I would give the trip a perfect 5/7 score!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Racetiming.ca Crit - Finally cracking the top 10!

As the title says, finally I was able to crack the top 10 in an E1/2 Ontario Cup. For some reason this race wasn't very well attended. I...