Friday, March 1, 2013

Its Been A While

I have been super busy this term with my school work and my training schedule, and haven't found much time to sit down and update. Quick update on the knee: its definitely a problem with the nerve near the groin. I can feel some discomfort with a really tucked in position. Im going to work on stretching it, and slowly work on bringing my position back down. But for now it translates to no slammed stem. Bike looks slow :(
For training I was able to head out to the forest city velodrome to complete track 1 with the McMaster cycling club. FCV is always great place to go if you get the chance. It definitely beats riding on the trainer.
I have got outside a few times to make sure I will have some bike handling skills come time for the Paris to Ancaster, but definitely not out as much as I would like. Most of my rides are done during spin classes at the school. Great for motivation, and it keeps it fun. All I need is a heart rate monitor and I can still do my scheduled workouts, while having a million times more fun that if I did it on a trainer.
I will leave you guys with a pic from the velodrome. Ps race schedule is updated!! With races starting at the end of the month I will be posting much more frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Racetiming.ca Crit - Finally cracking the top 10!

As the title says, finally I was able to crack the top 10 in an E1/2 Ontario Cup. For some reason this race wasn't very well attended. I...