Thursday, August 25, 2016

Provincial Crit Champs -2nd!

I am starting to learn that in order to get results, I need to race with my head first, then my legs. Keeping this one short again, I was able to ride a bit smarter on Sunday than all other crits this year. There is still work to be done, that is certain, but at least I am heading into the right direction. The bigger news is I picked up a used stages power meter before the race, so I can now share power data from the races with you. That is the fun stuff! If you want to see specific kinds of data just out of curiosity, or to help with your training, leave a comment and I will try to include it in future posts!

I could talk about how the race went, but Canadian Cyclist has a beautiful gallery that should tell the story. You can find it HERE. And yes, I have been racing crits with a mouth guard. I don't feel like going through a whole bunch of dental work again if I can avoid it, plus it looks sort of menacing. 



Histogram of power. It includes my warm up and cool down so it might be shifted to the left a bit. My max 1min power was just about 500W. I wouldn't mind if it were closer to 700...

Cadence histogram. The peak is centred close to 100rpm. I am more of a spinner meaning my cardio is stronger than the musculature pushing the pedals. If you are new to cycling, it is typically the reverse, so you tend to ride with lower rpm (70-80). 
Up next for me is Provincial TT and road race this coming weekend, then the big Green Mountain Stage Race to finish off the season! I am also doing Tour de Hans for fun at the end of September. If you are around, I would suggest checking it out, a free* beer awaits at the finish! (*you technically paid for it when you signed up). Hope everyone has been able to enjoy their summer. Hopefully a beautiful autumn awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Racetiming.ca Crit - Finally cracking the top 10!

As the title says, finally I was able to crack the top 10 in an E1/2 Ontario Cup. For some reason this race wasn't very well attended. I...