Friday, March 21, 2014

Spring is here!

Well, at least as far as the calendar goes. The weather can't make up its mind and some days feel like spring, and others still feel like we are trapped in this winter. I just keep telling myself: summer is coming, summer is coming...

My race season kicks off this weekend with Steaming Nostril on Sunday. Using it as a good training ride to try and point out my weaknesses. This will get me a few weeks to try and work on them before Good Friday. Fingers crossed that the weather holds up, and the rail trail stays frozen and is easier to ride than last year. If those two things fall into place, this will be a very enjoyable day. If not it will be full of tears and misery. Best bet is that it will be somewhere in the middle, but what else do you expect from a race this early in the season?

I was featured in the local free paper, which is hopefully as a good sign for the season! Of course the picture of me on the bike is from last years edition of Steaming Nostril. Looks like the weather wasn't any better judging from the lack of skin showing.
Check back up Sunday night or early next week for a recap on Steaming Nostril, and maybe some footage if they allow me to mount the GoPro to my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Racetiming.ca Crit - Finally cracking the top 10!

As the title says, finally I was able to crack the top 10 in an E1/2 Ontario Cup. For some reason this race wasn't very well attended. I...