Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Knee Update!

I took two full weeks off of cycling, even gave up my spin classes on doctors orders. I went to the sports medicine clinic at McMaster for a second opinion because I didnt want to spend extra time off the bike if I didn't have to. They told me patellofemoral syndrome, which is just a big word for knee pain. I signed on for some physio there as well. Here they told me my adductors are tight but not weak, by my glutes were really weak. They used active release on my adductors and gave me some strength building exercises for the glutes. So I am currently comboing physio and active relief treatments.
During my off period I cut squats out, and swam for cardio. Still not good to go on the bike full time but I can use the elliptical with a knee brace keeping the patella in place. Today I added squats back into my workout routine and as of yesterday I started doing my spin classes again (taking them easy). I definitely feel a lot better since I added the extra glute work so we will see how much longer I need!
Once im good to go ill be out riding in the cold and will hopefully have some porduct reviews up or at least something better to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Racetiming.ca Crit - Finally cracking the top 10!

As the title says, finally I was able to crack the top 10 in an E1/2 Ontario Cup. For some reason this race wasn't very well attended. I...