Friday, May 18, 2012

A little bit about me...

I grew up riding bikes in Brantford, ON. One day my buddy Zach thought it would be a good idea to try the Paris to Ancaster. Prior to that we had only biked 30km on our furthest rides and thought we might as well get our money's worth and do the full 60km race. Neither of us had any idea of what we had got ourselves into, but we made it to the end! Ever since that first race I have been trying to push myself to go faster and further.

I started to get more serious into racing last year when I tried my luck in the OCUP mtb circuit. Now if you know Brantford you know there is not much good singletrack to train on. That put my technical skills at a disadvantage and despite my best efforts I was only able to place midpack in senior sport.

This year I decided to switch to road racing to see where it takes me. So far I am doing much better than last year so it looks like the road is here to stay! (of course I will still find time to mtb because its so much fun!).

Also this year I started receiving coaching from Jeff Kehler which has been amazing! He is a great guy and is always there to help me out for a race or questions for training. I've seen a lot of improvement already in the 2 months I have been with him and there will be many more to come!

I am also racing for the Hamilton Cycling Club this year. Its a great club and holds some pretty sweet time trials and hill climbs weekly! I encourage people to come out to them to build up the competition! (you don't need to be part of the club to participate)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Racetiming.ca Crit - Finally cracking the top 10!

As the title says, finally I was able to crack the top 10 in an E1/2 Ontario Cup. For some reason this race wasn't very well attended. I...